- Civil Services
- Kerala Civil Services Exam
Kerala Civil Services Exam 2019
Kerala Civil Services Exam is conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) for the recruitment of various government posts of Kerala administrative service (KAS) and police service and many others. The KPSC issues the notification every year and candidates, who are eligible, can apply for the examination.
Kerala Civil Services Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must have successfully completed their graduation or other equivalent examination from a recognized university or institution.
- The age of the candidate should be between 21 - 28 years. However, there will be a relaxation of 3 years for candidates belonging to the reserved category.
Kerala Civil Services Exam 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to fill up the application form by visiting the official website.
- Fill up all the necessary details such as the name, address and other communication details such as phone number and valid email ID.
- Provide the details of the educational qualification.
- Upload the scanned copies of the passport size photograph & signature in the application form.
- The payment of the application fees can be made using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- It is advisable for the applicants to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Kerala Civil Services Exam Pattern
The Kerala Public Service Commission will conduct the exam in three stages-
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personal Interview
Preliminary ExaminationQuestion Type: Objective
Duration: 75 minutes
Total Marks: 100
The preliminary exam will consists of questions from the topics given below:
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- English Language (Vocabulary & Grammar)
- Reasoning including quantitative SSLC Level Mathematics
Candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the Mains Examination. It consists of 5 compulsory papers of 150 marks each.
1 hour eachMedium of language to answer the questions:
are required to answer the questions either in English or in the
Regional Languages, viz, Malayalam, Tamil or Kannada.Subjects of the various parts of the main exam are given below:
- Cultural Heritage of India with emphasis on 20th century
- Post-Independent Indian Polity
- Social and Cultural Movements in Kerala
- Present Indian economy in the Global Environment
- Development and Environmental Issues
- Kerala Economy
- Kerala Model Development
- Food Security
- Group Initiatives
- Role of Non-Resident Indians
- Role of Co-operatives
- Women Empowerment
- A General Overview of the Indian Constitution
- 86th Amendment to the Constitution and Consequential Enactments
- Role of District Collectors in Administration – Situation Analysis
- Recent Land Laws enacted in Kerala
- Kerala Protection of River bank and Regulation of removal of sand Act, 2001
- Ecological Fragile Land Act, 2005
- Kerala Conservation of Paddy Land and Wet Land Act, 2008
- Decentralization in Administration – Local Self-Government
- Science and Technology – Information Communication Technology, Space Technology etc
- General Awareness of the modern trends in life sciences
- There will be a question paper of ‘Data Appreciation, Problem Solving, and Essay Writing’.
Candidates, who secure qualifying marks in the Main examination, will be eligible to appear for the interview. They will have to sit in front of a panel where the candidates will be judged upon their thorough knowledge about a particular topic.
Kerala Civil Services Exam 2019 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be based completely on their performance in all the three examinations.